Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Today my dad and I went to Best Buy and bought a Sony VAIO R505 SuperSlim Pro Notebook. It seems like a pretty nice laptop so far. I want to upgrade the memory on it and am also very interested in buying a USB flash drive. That way I can easily transfer data from my PC to my notebook. The docking station has a floppy drive and a cd-rw/dvd drive, but floppy's don't hold very much and burning cd's can be a pain sometimes. I found a 40 GB external hard drive that connects to the computer via a USB port. That'd be cool to have to store music and pictures. Too bad it cost around $140. Right now I'll settle for getting around 64 MB's for data.

So far I know that I'll know at least three people at Teresa's house tonight. Her, Bill, and Sarah. I wonder who else will be there. Today I was talking to Misha on IM and he said that he didn't have any parties to go to tonight. I wish that I could invite him to this one, but I don't think he'd know anybody, plus it's not my party. On Thursday Misha and I are going to go see Sweet Home Alabama at the Fox Village Theater. He's already seen it and said that it was a pretty funny movie. Over Labor Day we went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding. That movie is hilarious. I haven't seen him since then, but we talk on IM pretty often. He's going to make a great doctor.

Tomorrow my mom's side of the family is coming over to celebrate Christmas. That means that tomorrow morning, and probably some of this evening, will be spent cleaning the house. At least I have a reason to duck out of here around 9 tonight. I wonder what my other friends are doing tonight. This break I really haven't seen many of them, mostly because I've been a lazy bum who doesn't feel like picking up the phone and calling them. Planning things takes so much time.

At the beginning of the break I talked to James on IM and we were both talking about how bored we are. He mentioned how when he was a yuck he still had some friends left from high school, but now that he's a firstie he doesn't really have any of them left. Everyone, including himself, has changed so much and gone on to bigger and better things. He was telling me about how he misses school. The first week I'm home I miss school and all my friends there, but then by the second week I start to get used to life at home and it's time to go back. I guess that's how they plan it in the military. They give you just enough time to start to get comfertable where you are and then they tell you to move. At least I know what I'm getting into right now.

Christy just came online. That reminds me that Jen and I were going to get together over break. I haven't seen here since her, Christy, and I got together this summer. I hung out with Christy and some of her friends and family after the Army Navy game. They all had a fun time telling me how much Army sucks. I guess that's what I get for being friends with people at the Naval Academy.

This weekend I found out that Dan wants to do ROTC. I asked him if he'd ever thought about the Academies. He said Annapolis. At least it's not the Merchant Marine Academy. In the past two months I've found out the I know two guys there. One of them was at West Point recently and he called me to see if we could meet. We were supposed to meet out at the parking lot by the baseball field, but that fell through and we didn't get to see each other. I ended up seeing both of them very briefly at the airport when I was trying to get on a flight to get back to school after Thanksgiving. In fact, it was at the same gate that I sat across from Jeff Daniels for about half an hour. That was a horrible day in my life due to the fact that I'd missed my original flight. I hope that doesn't happen again on Sunday when I fly back to school.





No comments:

Post a Comment