Saturday, January 25, 2003

It's a Friday night, taps isn't untill 1am and right now it's only 11pm, but yet I am back in my room already. This evening I went over to Annah's room to say hi to her and some other friends, plus to eat a little ice cream, and then I proceeded onto Josh's room to watch a movie with him and Joel. The movie was pretty funny and I liked it.

Once again tonight provided me with another example of how I interact with people. I'm most comfertable one-on-one instead of in groups. If I meet someone and it's not in a group, then I'm pretty comfertable and will talk to them and get to know them right away. However, if I'm in a group of people and I don't know anyone, or even if I don't know someone in the group, what most likely will happen is that I'll stay quiet and let everyone else talk and just listen and watch for awhile. Some people like to talk a lot and so I let them talk. I get to know people before I let them get to know me. It gives me a chance to become comfertable and when I get used to the person and eventually I'll start talking again. I get to know what type of person they are by watching and listening. Of course, I wish I were more comfertable in groups instead of always being the quiet one, but I don't know if what I have to say will be valued or just shot down, or even worse, totally ignored.

I like talking one-on-one because there's nobody else there talking the whole time about stuff I have no clue about. It sounds weird. I have stuff to say and I like talking, but I'm not very talkative in groups unless I know the people really well. I am shy I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment