Monday, January 20, 2003

Right now I'm laying in bed and listening to Jimmy Eat World. This CD reminds me of being at Buckner and reading Joan of Arc by Mark Twain. I listening to this song in particular over and over again after I found out Jon died. The main phrase of the song is "may angles lead you in..." That week was the train up for infantry week and I was one of the team leaders in my squad. I cried a lot that week, but did it when no one was looking. I didn't tell anyone in my squad or my squad leader about what had happend. All I could think of was that the summer before he'd been a perfectly heathly boy running around and smiling all the time, and now he was gone. I didn't understand. He was so young, so happy, why? Heidi got better, why not him? He was only 14. I don't want to listen to the logic, the truth, the reason.

This CD makes me sad now. Maybe I shouldn't listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment