Friday, January 24, 2003

Well, I passed the IOCT so I guess I should be pretty happy right now, but unfortunatly I'm not. One of my roommates, one of my best friends here, one of my teammates, and my PL from last semester didn't pass. I wish there was something that I could do for them. It may not sound like a huge deal to some people because it's just an indoor obstacle course, but half the firsties failed it last year, including the first captain. Because of that fact, the Comm made it mandatory for all classes this year and those who failed have to go into the Commadants Physical Remediation Program (CPRP), retest at the end of Feb, recieve and F on the test, plus I think they might get a D for intermurals this semester, and they also loose all of their privilages until they pass the test in Feb. I heard from someone on my team that Coach Hall also said that if we failed then it's basically the end of our rowing career here. That was what really scared me.

I was just talking to Anne on IM and she said she heard that so far 65% of the females have failed so far. We both agreed that that number seemed a little high. The passing time for females is 5:29, which is a D. I got a 4:38, which is a C. Although I knew, and also pretty much planned, that I wouldn't get the shelf, I now feel like I failed because I didn't make it up and instead had to go up the cargo net. It's all a mental thing. I don't think I seriously tried to get the shelf because I was more scared that it'd tire me out too much if I did make it up. I feel like I cheated somehow. A few of my attempts I pretty much had it, but then gave up very quickly for fear that I'd get really close but not make it and waste too much time and energy. I hope that next year I've overcome that mental obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment