Monday, January 06, 2003

And I'm Back

Once again it's the start of a new semester, well almost. There's still two weeks before actual academic year starts, but since last semesters grades are already in and I'm back at school once again that's good enough for me. Last semester turned out okay. I managed to raise my GPA a tiny bit even though I lowered all of my grades with my scores on my TEE's. Once again I should have studied more. Today is a re-orgy for everyone to finish moving in to their rooms. Before I'd said that I was switching rooms and would have two new roommates, but we worked it out so that Sarah, the girl I was switching with, and I got to stay in our old rooms with our old roommates. I was very happy when we found out we could do that because it meant a little less work for me to do this week. As it is, Tara and I reorganized our room by moving the desks and beds around so that there is much more room now. We all switched desks. I have Tara's old spot, Alyson has mine, and Tara has Alyson's. I like it because my bed is right next to my desk. Today is basically a free day for everybody, but I was the lucky one stuck with pulling CCQ all day. I guess it had to happen to somebody.

Tomorrow the Military Science (MS) classes start. Mine are in the afternoon from 12:00 to 3:30. In the morning there's unit PT. At first I was disapointed that I have the classes in the afternoon, but now that I think about it I think it'll be nice to get the PT out of the way. Hopefully it'll be free time after 3:30.

While I was home all of my friends asked me how much free time I got here. I don't really know how to answer that one. There's a lot, but yet there's also almost none at all.

I got my class scheduale for next semester. I have 20.5 credits. I'm taking Physics II, Probability and Statistics, Spanish II, Physical Geography (Dirt), American Politics, Fundamentals of Computer Science (CS 301), and then combatives IV fourth round. I guess that'll keep my pretty busy.

When everyone's gone at lunch it's amazing how much noise there still is around here. It seems like everyones phone, cell phone, and alarms went off in that 30 min time period. Maybe it's just that it's usually so loud that you can't hear them.

Steph called me last night and we figured out that her friends are actually comeing for 500th night. That's the weekend before YWW, but she still wants me to try and find her a date for YWW. I think it's best to stay away from cadet guys, but of course that makes me a hypocrite. Ah well.

I'm on my second Mountain Blast Powerade. Yummy. Tate is keeping me busy with moving furniture, or at least supervising some of the moving of it. I'm getting my exercise walking up and down the 6 flights of stairs.

I think everyone in the company is supposed to do initial counseling today with their new chain of command, but so far I haven't had anyone except my classmates inform me of that fact. It's also kind of hard to do much of that sort while sitting at the CCQ desk. The joy of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment