Wednesday, January 29, 2003

My new TACNCO is scary. He's fresh out of being a drill sergeant and so far he doesn't seem to have gotten it in his head that this isn't basic training anymore. (yes, that was passive voice) This is going to be an interesting semester. SAMI next week will most likely be hell.

This morning we had practice at 5:30. Instead of doing the tanks like I thought, we had to do a 30 minute piece on the erg. It was supposed to be at 70%. I tried, but lack of sleep and the early morning, plus the fact that I'm not in great shape at the moment, caused me to have a rather high 500m split. It was around 2:13 I think. At least now I don't have practice this afternoon. Leah emailed Larissa andI asking if we wanted to run and lift with her after E hour and so I might do that.

Yesterday I did my four picks for AIAD's since this summer I don't currently have a MIAD. My top pick I can't even get until next year because it's working with the NSA and it requires a Top Security clearance which takes a year to process. If I get a MIAD this summer then I think I might have a shot at getting that AIAD. My other picks for this coming summer were 2) working at the Pentagon preforming technical computer security work for the Army and working with "Army government personnel and contractors in the areas of Intrusion Detection, Firewalls, Security Engineering, Computer Incident response, Vulnerability Assessments, and other technical security areas." 3) Going to Redmont, Washington and getting an inside look at Microsoft and doing some stuff with them. 4) Working with the Electronic Crimes Task Force of the U.S. Secret Service and helping to evaluate the technology used to gather raw data on a hackers particular scheme and methodology through the use of Honey Pots. I hope I get to do one of these AIAD's. Right now I'd even be up for going to Air Assualt School this summer if it meant that I'd have a better shot at getting the NSA AIAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment