Tuesday, January 07, 2003

On the Q

Having given up on a visit from the dashing J, our gorgeous heroine decides it's time to make a name for herself in the world. Her ingenious method: making music with a plastic construction paper wrapper the way music flows from a blade of grass when a person cups their hands and blows on it. The beautiful music that flows from her lips captivates the surrounding populace and strikes them speechless. The only sound heard beside the lovely tune is the clapping of skin against skin as the inhabitants scramble to cover their ears. A move that our heroine can only guess is because they don’t want to risk being overcome with the magnificence of the melody. Surely fame is just around the corner for her.

Okay, I'm very bored right now and still on the Q. Today I've gotten many complements on my laptop from people in my company. Jasmin was a life saver when she stopped by around 7:20 to say hi. That was my low point of the day. I was tried and cranky, not a good combination. Her visit cheered me up and now I think I've got my second wind. I don't know why it's so tireing sitting at a desk all day, but it sure is. The phone rang at least once an hour, which is unheard of nowadays. Each time I had to run off and find somebody to deliver a message to or to tell to come to the phone.

Tomorrow looks like it'll be a smoker. Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment