Friday, January 17, 2003

Right now I'm listening to my Giants in the Land CD that I got for Christmas. We had a record of it that Heidi, Betsy, and I all liked when we were little. I'm glad that my parents gave us each a copy of the CD.

This evening I was talking to Josh on IM and somehow my mention of me wanting popcorn led all the way to me thinking about what a great childhood I had. It was a very idealistic. The only bad things were that my mom had cancer, but I was way to young to remember that;my dad had hepititis, but once again I barley remember that; and dogalina martina spaghetti (the family guinea pig) died my first day of third grade. Since my parents didn't allow my sisters and I to watch a lot of television, I spent a lot of time playing outside, reading, or playing inside with pipeworks in the winter. We were allowed to ride our bikes in the summer and play with pipeworks in the winter, but never got to do both at the same time. It made them more special and something I looked forward to doing. I loved using my imagination and playing pretend, especially when it involved building forts inside or outside.

Now onto a totally different subject. Yesterday I decided to jog through the whole IOCT course and see how it went. Actually, I wasn't planning on doing the whole thing, but instead stopping after I got up the rope, but then Anthea said that if I jogged through the whole thing she'd time me. I did it at a medium pace and even though I didn't get the shelf and had to wait the 15 seconds and then go up the cargo net, I still finished the whole course with over 30 seconds to spare. That means that if I keep practicing and do it a little faster on the actual test day, not only should I have no problem passing, I might even get a decent grade.

Last night I found out that Dave Mathews Band is coming here on March 23. I told Josh and Joel about it and they didn't believe me at first. The Corps was officially told that this evening. Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow, but I don't know when cadets can go down to Ike and get them. March 23 is the day we all get back from spring break. I don't even know when the crew team is getting back, but it'd be really cool if I could go to the concert.

Tara went to the hospital suddenly last night. I didn't find out until I got back to my room around 11. Alyson and I had no idea what was wrong except for the fact that she'd suddenly gotten sick the previous evening. All today we would come back to the room hoping to find her, but she didn't come back until around 3:30 this afternoon. It turns out that she had a burst stomach ulser. She seems to be doing okay now and I'm very thankfull for that.

I think this is my third time staight listening to the CD tonight. I should realy get to bed since I have no reason to stay up. I finished my journal entry and essay for MS class around 9:30 tonight. The last MS class of intersession is Saturday, and the yuks only have to turn in a paper and then leave. It's one time it's good to be a Yuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment