Monday, January 06, 2003

Right now I am on my flight back to school. This time I managed to get to the right gate with plenty of time to spare. Molly and the Schafer twins are on this flight along with at least one other cadet that I don’t know. As the Schafer’s were boarding the flight I tried to figure out which one was Justin because he’s in my company, but I wasn’t sure. When I was checking my bag I saw Kristen and a plebe. I knew it was a plebe because of his book bag. They all have the same issued one. Yesterday my dad went to Eddie Bauer and found an all black one that holds laptops. I looked there they day before but didn’t see any of that sort. Perhaps he looked in a different section.

I’m really not looking forward to having to go back and move all of my stuff to a new room and set it all up again. At USNA they don’t make the middies clear out their rooms before long breaks. They also get almost three weeks for Christmas, but of course they also all had to go back on Friday instead of Sunday. I think I’ll stop comparing now. USMA is by far the better school overall.

My dad left a finger print on my screen when he was putting in the new memory card. Right now it’s really annoying me because the glare from the sun makes it really stand out.

I was half thinking about calling my parents once I got on the plane to tell them that I made it okay. I’m sure that at least my mom was a little worried since last time I missed my flight back. Since they’d be at Church and a phone ringing would probably make them think something was wrong I decided not to call. I asked my Mom to tell Matt that I say “Bye” because I never had a chance to say it in person, or at all for that matter. In fact, I haven’t seen him since Christmas Eve and don’t even know if I’ll get to see him this summer. He’ll probably be really busy and be out of town if and when I get a chance to come home. Perhaps next Thanksgiving or Christmas I’ll get to hang out with him.

They guy next to me is snoring right now. My left arm is pretty uncomfortable because I have it squished up beside me and can’t stretch it out. There, that’s a little better. I closed the tray table and he just moved his arm and so now I can use the other armrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment