Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Yet another cold, grey, rainy day here, and the real grey period hasn't even started yet. The grey period lasts from Christmas to spring break. Grey sky, river, buildings, uniforms, snow,etc...everything is grey, including the mood. I guess this is a mini grey period that lasts until Thanksgiving. Of course, the plebes have Plebe Parent Weekend to look forward to in a few days. After Thanksgiving it'll be awesome. The week we come back is Army-Navy week which is the best week here practically (well, besides TEE week, which is fun in a whole different way). There are drop zones, BDU's all week, beating up the midshipman (hehehe, there's one in my company this year), and then the game on Saturday. The week after that is the last week of classes, which will probably be full of projects and papers, but at least the end is near. After that week is TEE week. My first TEE is on Saturday, and then I have one TEE in the afternoon on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday I have my last TEE in the morning. TEE week is cool because nobody cares about anything military. Rooms are a mess, you can sleep half the day if you want to because the only required things are breakfast formation and taking your TEE, and then at night everybody hangs out there windows yelling and throwing the occasional textbook, printer, or other such things out while watching whatever stunts are going on in the area. It's a fun time, all except for the part where you have to take a three hour term end exam. Of course, there's a nasty rumor going around the the Comm is madating that nobody can leave untill the next day after their last TEE, and it looks like it's true. The Corps is in a uproar about it. Anyway, if I can last untill Thanksgiving everything will be okay. Luckily I have Boston this weekend, my birthday next week, a regatta for the next two weekends after that, Airforce week, and Veterans Day weekend to help me pass the time. I've been staring at my calander a lot in class thinking about all of this stuff over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment