Thursday, October 17, 2002

Good news, we didn't have to go out on the water today because the weather was horrid, the current was really fast, and there were white caps. Instead, we rowed in the tanks for 30 min and then had to pull a 6k on the erg. Coach Hall said that we didn't have to row it very hard or try to get our best time and so I was planning to take at easy. That didn't last long for me. Actually, I was more focused on correcting my technique and so I had flipped down the timer thing, but then when I looked at it I realized I was doing pretty well and so I tried even harder to do better and ended up getting my best time. It was only a 25:58.9 min, but it was I think at least 10 seconds better than my last one and my goal had been to break 26 min. Now if I could only break 8 min on the 2k. I pulled one yesterday before practice and my time was back up to a 8:03.6 min.

I got my math wpr back today. Yesterday I found out I got an 85.33% on it, which was above the 72% course average and 80% section average, but I know I could've done better. When I got it back I looked at one of the problems that I had blanked on during the test and did it in about 2 sec. Augh! It's very annoying knowing that if I had just set the y-portion of the velocity vector equal to zero and then solved for time and the substitued the time into the x-portion of the position vector I could've solved it correctly and gotten an A- on the wpr instead of a B.

Tonight I called Frank and was going to shine my shoes while talking on the phone, but he wasn't home. My shoes needed shining and so I decided to listen to some Adventures in Odyssey. In middle school I used to borrow the tapes from Amy and loved listening to them, but haven't listened to the show in years. It was interesting hearing it again, but I enjoyed it a lot more when I was younger. I do have two pairs of really shiny low quarters now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment