Monday, October 07, 2002

I am so happy right now. I just talked to Steph on IM and she told me that she's started going to Holy Trinity and that she had a long talk with Mark G. and is becoming friends with SR. Sarah (formerly Ms. Burdick). That just made my day. I am so so so happy for her. She wants to join the Air Force and I think it would be a really good opportunity for her adn that she'd really enjoy it. I hope everything works out. YAY! Kate = happy.

Today was the first regatta of the season. Army had three boats come in first. Mine finished 10th out of 25. It was a really good race, we just need to work on our slide controll. I love the spring season a ton, but I don't get half as nervous in the fall as I do in the spring at the beginning of a race. In the spring I feel like puking and have tons of butterflies in my stomach where as in the fall I'm much more relaxed and focused on the long hard row ahead. They are very different types of races.

On the trip back I called home again and talked to my parents and caught up with them. Later on I called Frank and we talked for a while. The two times I've called him recently have probably been the most inoppertune times. Once he was watching a movie with his family and then tonight he was about to eat dessert with them. He doesn't tell me these things untill we've talked for about 20 min and then I feel bad for interrupting. Next time I'll have to start off the converstation by asking him if I'm interrupting something. I guess that's what I should do all the time because it's polite. Me and my bad manners.

This weekend I was in Massachusetts, next weekend I head to Philly, and then the weekend after that I'm going to Boston. Fun stuff. Leah invited me to NYC next weekend after the race because our race is only a one day event on Saturday and we have Sunday and Monday off for Columbus Day. I said that I wanted to go, but now that I think about it I don't think I should because it would cost a lot of money and I need to start saving more. If only money grew on trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment