Thursday, October 24, 2002

That was close. Last night I told Kyle that I'd take the Q for him 3rd hour today because he had a quiz he needed to take and I the last 3 hours off this morning. Walking back from physics I realized that I really needed sleep. Some things that clued me into this were the fact that during class I couldn't sit still and recently I've noticed myslef getting a little more irritable. It's like I'm a little kid again who is exhausted. Anyway, I decided to take a 30 min nap right after class and then I would have 20 min left before I had to take the Q. The nap was great, but when my alarm went off I did something I never do. I decided to go back to sleep for 10 more min and I didn't set my alarm. That is a major mistake many people here make and end up paying for on the weekends with hours. Alyson came back from class and I realized that I'd actually gone to sleep and it was now 25 min later instead of only 10. I jumped out of bed, tucked in my shirt, put on my neck tab, and raced down the hall to the CCQ desk. Amazingly, Kyle had just signed out a minute before that and then on the next line put "CDT **** assumes duty" and left the time blank. I signed in and since it was only a minute later nothing was unusual. I almost screwed him over by being asleep because if Alyson had not come back from class and I had woken up later the time difference would be very large and might have ended up in hours for both of us. I just realized I still have the key to unlock the safe that holds all of the keys. Oops.