Thursday, October 31, 2002

I BROKE 8 MINUTES!!!!!

For the past few days I've had the feeling that if I rowed a 2k on the erg that I finally break 8 min. That's been my goal since last fall and there have been a few times when I've been really close, like one tenth of a second one time, but I could never seem to break it. On Monday I decided that this week I wanted to try again and so I decided that I would on Tuesday before practice, but then on Tuesday I was talking to Leah and she said that on Wednesday Coach was going to have us all row a 2k with the us being coxed. Today I had the feeling that today was the day. Ann was the coxswain for Beth, Abby, Molly, and I. This time was a little different because we were supposed to row it like a race and she would call power 10's and 20's at the different points. I started out a little too fast with the first 20 strokes, in fact I think I saw a 1:41 split time reading very briefly. That was one of the hardest 2k's I've ever rowed, but mentally it was a lot better. I was expecting around a 7:58 or higher time for the piece, but when I was done and looked at my score I saw a 7:52.1 staring at me. It was awesome. Of course, physically I felt like crap, but I also felt like shouting for joy. I didn't mind the fact that I felt like throwing up, was about to fall over when I stood up, and my throat was on fire. I was just happy that I'd finally broken 8 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment