Tuesday, October 15, 2002

My birthday is a week from tomorrow. When I was little I got really excited about my birthday and celebrating it with my family. Now I don't know if I will ever have a real birthday celebration with my family again. Junior year I was in Washington DC for the National Youth Leadership Forum on my Birthday. Last year PPW was the weekend before my birthday so I at least got to see my Parents and Heidi the day before, but my actual birthday was spent with me eating the brownies with my roomies. This year won't be any better. I miss having a birthday dinner with my family. I'm trying to keep my Birthday quiet so that the plebes don't throw me a birthday party. That is when they drag you out of your room, tie you up and and pour things such as jelly, ketchup, peanut butter, A1 sauce, and hot sauce all over you. It must really suck to be on the recieving end. What'd be cool though is a cake or decorated cookie and balloons from Love a Cadet. Hmm, perhaps I'll hint to my parents about it.

Anyway, I'm thinking about my b-day because recently I was thinking about what I really wanted for my b-day, kinda like I did when I was a kid. What I asked my parents for is a Sonicare tooth brush. I asked for one because it would help my teeth a lot and it's too expensive for me to buy on my own. I want one, but a part of me kinda wishs that I could get a remote control car instead. It'd be really fun to drive up and down the halls and harrass some of my classmates, and perhaps chase a few plebes down the hall. I didn't ask for one because it's not what I need, it's only a cool expensive toy. The toothbrush makes a lot more sense. My dream list of things also includes the dvd Monsters Inc. I haven't seen it, but I've heard from a lot of people that it's really funny. Oh well, I need clean teeth much more than I need a remote control car so that is what I'm asking for. Maybe for Christmas or something I'll ask for the car and the movie, but by then I'll probably have thought of some other stuff that I need.

I miss celebrating holidays with my family. At least I got to see my Mom on her birthday and give her a card. I missed Easter with my sisters, my Dad's 50th Birthday, Betsy's 21st b-day, Heidi's 23 b-day, and the 4th of July. At least I get to be with them on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment