Thursday, September 05, 2002

Yumm, chocolate. If only it weren't so bad for you.

Yesterday Coach Hall told us that today we were going to row down to Bear Mountain Bridge and back. I was half looking forward to it and half dreading it. Annah asked me to get down to the boat house a little early so that she could work on timing in the rowing tanks. As it turned out Coach Hall had me ride in the launch today. He was going to switch me in half-way through, but since I ended up being the only person not rowing he didn't want to break up the boat unity on the long row so I didn't get to row at all. They rowed 8-10 miles total, got to turn around under Bear Mountain Bridge, and I missed out on a great workout and row:( Jess and I are supposed to go swimming later tonight if the pool is less crowded and she's supposed to really smoke me with this workout she has planed.

Tryouts are starting for the Combat Divers Qualification Course (CDQC) and today they had an informational meeting. Femals aren't allowed to go to the school, but my Buckner 2 squad leader went through it this past summer. When I heard tryouts annoucnced over the poop deck a few days ago I for some reason thought that it would be something Erich would do. Today I found out that I was right because as I was coming back from dinner he was going to the meeting and when he saw me he shouted hi and waved.

At lunch the First Captian announced the death of another '02 grad. He didn't say how he died or anything, just that he was in F2 last year. That's already the second death from that class since they've graduated. It's really sad. The first person died while he was duing a land navigation for the ranger school train up course.

No comments:

Post a Comment