Sunday, September 29, 2002

Do I overprotect myself? Today at Coach Hanlon's house some people were watching Hannibal in the basement. Last year for some stupid reason I bought that movie with out seeing it. A few months later I decided to see if it was any good. Five minutes into it I turned it off and gave the movie away to a friend. Watching it I experianced revolsion and a feeling of uncleanliness. Anyway, so they were watching it in the basement and part of me wanted to see it because I was curious, but I didn't. I did have to go down to the basement to get a different movie and saw a small part of it and part of me wanted to stay, but then the feeling came back and I went back upstairs. It's like I don't want to associate with anything dark or evil and I see that movie as evil. I don't know how to explain it. As Betsy once said " Silence of the Lambs had a purpose, but that movie only serves to glorify evil" or something like that. Okay, I guess this isn't a good example for me overprotecting myself because I don't think I should be watching those types of movies anyway.

I'm just arguing with myself for no reason. One part says that since I don't indulge in activities such as drinking, smoking, pointless relationships, that I am becoming socially inept and weird. Yet, as pointed out by many people many times, that is not the case because I find different ways to have fun with my friends.

As I told my parents last weekend, I feel like I'm supposed to live my life adhearing to high moral standards and be an example for people. I have no clue if this is actually the case, and if it is then why.

WARNING KATE! You are thinking too much. Stop at once or risk harm.

Recently I've noticed that I'm really hungry for news of the outside world. One of the things I really like to do is sit down and reading the whole NY Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment