Saturday, September 07, 2002

What are my roommates and I doing up at 1:39am on a Friday night? You'd probably guess partying, right? I mean, hey, we are college students and it's the weekend so 1:39am is actually not that late. Well I've got news for you buster. We've decided, for fun or course, to forgo the usual late night partying that goes on here and instead stay up late and have a great time cleaning. I mean really, what is more fun than sitting outside in the hall shining my hat brass at 1am while I wait for my floor to dry after Tara moped it? This is of course so much fun that the people in the rooms around us decided to give it a try too. They must be having a great time also because we're all still up and cleaning. You should try it sometime. The way to have the most fun is to make sure that you and your roommate(s) have the same iteams in your drawers and that they're folded and placed exactly the same. Hangers need to be spaced out evenly throughout the closet and all buttons must be buttoned, except on shirts because then it's only the top button. Desk drawers and overheads should be neat and orderly. The floor has to be swept and moped. Swiffering it many times helps a lot also. Every single surface must be dusted. That includes desks, drawers, behind drawers, behind desk, bed, bed springs, door knob, door bolt, bookshelf, chair, hats, computer, phone, camera, picture frame, ect. Books on the bookshelf must be in height order and pushed to the back with the tallest on the far left. Windows and mirrors must be clean and free of any smears or smudges. Newspaper works best for cleaning them. Shoes and boots should be shined to glass and aligned under the bed with the toes right at the edge of the bed. Aligning them with a broomstick works the best. Laundry bags can only be up the 1/3 full and no fair hiding anything in there. If you have a rifle make sure that it's clean and that the strap is loose. Beds should be made as tight as humanly possible and should of course all look the same. Nothing can hang on the walls. The floor and the walls must be free of smudges and spots. Believe me, this is really fun. Although I love doing it all myself I am willing to give someone else a chance to experiance the fun next time I decide to forgo my usual weekend partying for this.

Just to clarify, my usual weekend partying consistes of watching a dvd and being in bed around 12. Yes, life here is a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment