Friday, September 06, 2002

Friday afternoons without class are the best. After lunch I can come back to my room, read the New York Times all the way through, watch CNN, and relax. It's great to find out what's going on in the world because a lot of times I have no clue.

Happy Rosh Hashanah.

Today in philosophy Dr. Tramel had us look at two valid arguments proving the existance of God and also saying that there is no God. Although the proofs showed they were technically both valid I didn't really like either of them. The assumptions made were rather broad and opinionated it seemed.

As we were doing that I started to think about something that seemed hard to convice. The fact that God has no beginning. He's always been there. It was much easier to compreheand the fact that He'll always be there, but for something to have no beginning is almost unimaginable. No, I'm not saying that I doubt the fact that God had no beginning because I don't doubt it. I just find it very hard to compreheand because everything I know of has had a beginning. My problem is that I'm trying to fit God into linear terms and find it impossible. God is not a number line, but that's the closest thing that I can think of to logically compreahend the matter. He goes from negative infinitey to positive infinity. Right now it takes faith for me to believe this and will probably always be this way. I just find it cool to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment