Saturday, September 07, 2002

I ate too much at the crew BBQ, but it was really good food. There were a lot of salads which were awesome, fresh fruit and veggies, corn mash stuff that was really good and filling, hot dogs and hamburgers, cookies and cake, and other good stuff. I filled up on the salad, fruit and veggies and then dug into half a hamburger, 4 cookies, and a slice of cake. My stomach feels like it's going to explode.

Tonight my roommates and I have to clean for SAMI tomorrow morning, but right now I'm really not in the mood to clean. We already have most of our clothing drawers in BAG, but we still have to arrange our medicine cabinets, desk drawers, overheads, dust, sweep, windex, and aliagn hangers and button/unbutton clothes hanging up and make sure they're in the proper order. What I really want to do is sit back and watch a movie with some friends, but since I don't think I'll be able to do that I'll probably just have a dvd playing on my computer while I clean.

The flood lights just turned on outside. The sky is a dark, clear blue color that lightens as you reach the horizon. There are a few pale whitish-pink wisps of clouds in the sky that provide a nice contrast to the blue evening sky. The black of the tree-line has the most stunning effect against the light blue of the horizon.

I still can't spell very well, my grammer is atroucious, but I've chosen to ignore those things while writing this. If I concentrated on being techniclly proficient it would detract tremendously from my ability to write and vent. I have this as a way to get my thoughts out and possibly even share them with anyone who cares to read. I am a rather quiet person in person so this gives my friends and others a chance to see a side of me that they normally would not get to view. I don't care who reads this, or even if no one reads it. I'm writing for me. It sounds rather selfish actually, but I've found it to be very helpful. Before last year I was never much of a person to keep a journal. Beast showed me that letter writing can be very helpful and is good way to relieve stress and relax. Every night I stayed up almost an hour after taps writing letters to my family and friends. That stopped once the school year started and the rigors of academics started. Then in February Matt introduced me to Blogger. I started out writing a soap opera type blog along with my roommates, but that proved to be too time consuming and once my mom found out about it she asked me to stop because she said it was too risky. A little later I started this blog and have written in it ever since then. Hopefully it will still be around in some form or fashion years from now so I can look back and read about what my life was like. This is who I am. The good and the bad. Not everything is writtten in here, but a lot is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment