Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Today the Econ lab convinced me that I need to start budgeting my money. Now I need to figure out where to start.

My company was missing around 100 people at lunch formation today. It was at 11:55 instead of 12:05, but they forgot to tell us. I'm happy to say that my platoon had the most people at the formation.

Formation was early because Prince Andrew and people (meaning a bunch of stars) joined us for lunch. He gave a 10 min speech where he read a message the Queen sent to us, and then talked a little on his own. Sad to say, but most of us zoned out of all of it because the speech was full of weird analogies about how Britain and the US are even stronger allies since 9-11 and something about a town in texas and a town in England. It was cool that he was here, but most of the girl's I've talked to were hoping that the thing the Queen sent was Prince William and not a speech. He didn't make an appearance at lunch.

Today was the day of interupted sleep. This morning someone decided to call my phone 3 times at 5:30 in the morning. I woke up just as Tara got up to pick up the phone, which proccedded to only have a dial tone. Today at practice Abby was telling us how she was taking a nap when her TAC decided to knock twice on her door and wake her up. She awoke to find that her TAC was talking to two Venezualen Generals outside her room and wanted to show them it. She was glad that by the time she got around to opening the door they were already walking away down the hall.

Mark is getting on me for being quiet. He sees me in the hall and yells "hi Kate" and tells me how he was just talking to some people in the company about how quiet I am and that nobody knows me. Perhaps I should make more of an effort to get to know the cows and firsties. He's also convinced that there is no possible way that my roommates and I have not had an argument yet. Our personalities are so different that he can't understand how we get along. Tara is really loud, I'm really quiet, and Alyson is in the middle. I think it works out perfect. I'll get louder as the year goes on and I get to know everybody more.

No comments:

Post a Comment