Wednesday, September 04, 2002

I am a real rebel here. I'm sitting at my desk watching Gilmore Girls while wearing a tank top, fake regulation shorts, Birkenstocks, and a green face masque. I don't think I have anything on that's actually issued or allowed and it feels great, as long as I don't get caught.

Tomorrow morning we have a TA-50 layout for some reason and so I just went down to the trunkroom to get all of my TA-50. I have most of it in my ruck sack except for my kevlar helmet and bed roll. While I was waiting for the elevator I was wearing the rucksack and leaning up against the wall. I guess I leaned back a little too far and the extra weight threw me off balance and I ended up sliding/falling down the wall until I was almost flat on my back. The rucksack prevented me from falling all the way so I was in a semi sitting/lying postition. It was rather funny, but I was really glad that no one was in the hallway right then to see it happen.

Today I finaly checked my mail after having my Mom remind me for at least a week to do it. Last time I checked my mail, which was probably 3 weeks ago, all I had was 2 bills and an advertisement for Shades Pizza. This time, however, the result was much better. I had letter from my Mom, my Grandma, Mrs. Newton, and Matt :) (sidenote: Alyson just walked in and burst out laughing when she saw my green face). Back to my mail. I also got the new Reader's Digest, a piece of mail addressed to Charlie Haltiwager with my PO Box address, and I found out my Dad had given me a subscription to Guideposts. It was like Christmas in September. Matt's letter was awesome. He said that he was at Elk Lake when he wrote it. That's so weird because that's where my whole extended family, except me of course, was on vacation this summer around the 4th of July.

Coach Hall had me as stroke as the varsity B boat today which was cool. I hope I stay in that position. Practice was kinda hard because we did two 20 min and one 15 min piece at 60% pressure and a goal stroke rate of 24. Last spring that would have been a breeze, but I'm rusty and out of shape and so it was pretty hard. My hands took a pretty hard beating and are already blister covered and starting to get ripped up. That didn't happen last year, but that was probably because we didn't jump right into things because everyone except Beth and I were just learning to row. I can't wait until I get back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment