Friday, September 06, 2002

I think that I actually did okay on my physics writ today. All of the calculations were correct and everything. The one mistake that I made was that I forgot the SI units for frequency so I made it meters instead of Hz. Capt Morgan handed back the Econ writs today and I got a 91/100 on it. The class average was 82/100, so I was happy, but it was a pretty easy writ and I made a few stupid mistakes.

Since I currently have no love interests so right now I'm focused on Amaka and her's. It works out pretty well because I still feel all the excitment and stuff, but don't have the stress and worry or such emotional extremes. He's a nice guy. She's a nice girl. They'd be perfect together. It's funny because relationships here tend to revert back to grade school instead of becoming more grown-up and mature. I thought that I was the only one who acted and felt the way I did, but now I know that at least one person here is similar to me. Thanks Amaka. (ps Swimming Buggy)

Today at practice we pulled a 6k on the erg. My time was 26.01.9 minutes. I keep comparing myself with other girls on the team which is something I need to stop because it does not help me. Tomorrow we're back on the water doing drills and then the crew team is having a BBQ. Coach Hall said he want's to try and have one every Friday in order to promote bonding between the different teams, especially the guys and the girls. He said that success will be measured by the number of guys on the team that we know by name. This from the man who repeatedly tells us that boys are bad and to not have a boyfriend. Yesterday he told Jes and I that a lot of high up people are pushing for crew to become a corps squad sport. That has both positives and negatives. Positives are more authos (from the 79 we have right now to possibly 140), more funding by ODIA (new uniforms, sandels, other cool stuff), a little more respect in some ways, possibly guard authos (the coaches still would want us to drill, parade, do ccq, and all that bad stuff though. oh well), and team tables during mandatory meals. The bad would be tighter regulations controlled by ODIA and NCAA, possibly less money, a little respect could be lost in some ways, and who knows what else. All that aside, Coach Hall is talking to General Brooks, the Comm, about next fall. His latest and greatest idea is for us to practice in the morning at 5:30, have staybacks from breakfast, and not have a class first hour. Since practice would be done in the morning the afternoon would be free for drill :(, study hall, or weight lifting. Once again, that has both pro's and con's which I'm not going to get into.

Erich and I talked on IM tonight for a little while. He's doing well, but his computer just had everything erased by Goldcoats because he had to take it in for repair. I guess his disk space was all filled up or something. Anyway, it sucks.

The theme for madatory dinner tonight was Toga Party. My roommates and I all dressed up and I even had the wreath thing going on my head. It was fun to look stupid for a change. This web page got sent around the corps today so that everyone would know how to make a toga. Gotta love Thursday night Spirit Dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment