Monday, September 09, 2002

Two a day practices started today and I'm hurting. I got up at 5:10am this morning so I could get down to the boat house by 5:30. We then lifted weights and stuff untill 6 and then came back, took showers, and got ready for breakfast. Last night I got to bed around 1am because I was finishing up my Wellness nutrition project and realized that I hadn't done my physics.

It all would have gotten done much sooner if I hadn't paid attention to Annah when she came in my room to drop of my math book that she had borrowed. What was supposed to be a 10-20 min trip with her down to the mess hall and then to Grant hall to get dinner ended up being me eating mac and cheese in her room with Tia and Kristen. After I ate to be funny I hiked up my shorts like steve erkle and suddenly they were daring my to walk across central area, touch Pershing Barracks, and come back with them like that. After a 1/2 hour of them daring me to do it and getting the bet up to $20 I finally decided to go for it. As I have said before, don't be afraid to make a fool of yourself once in awhile. While I was walking across the area my squad leader happend to walk right by me with a friend and give me a really odd look. The guys who were playing basketball were laughing so hard that some of them rolled on the ground, Annah took pictures from her window, and also IM'd Beth and told her to look out her window. When I got back I said it was worth $25 now becase earlier Tia had bet me $5 that no one would even notice and they definetly had noticed. After me chasing her around the room a bit and a little shouting I realized that there was still half of the blueberry cheesecake left and asked if anyone else wanted anymore of it. Needless to say, it ended up in Tia's face and hair along with splattering the windows, walls, and floor. It was hilarious. She just stood there for a moment and then started shouting about how I wasn't getting any money now. All of this was done very good naturedly and we were all having a good time shouting at each other. One of Annah's roommates asked if we were drunk. The story spread very quickly throughout the crew team and so far all but one of my teammates think that I should still get the $20 because what I did was far more humilitating.

I wonder what my proffesors would do if I did this?



No comments:

Post a Comment