Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Today on the way to her last class right before lunch my roommate, Tara, ran into Prince William in Thayer Hall. I'm not sure if she actually ran into him, but that's what she said. Who knows. He's at West Point right now and tomorrow he's going to be talking to my friend Shannon's EE class. I have no idea why they want him to speak to an EE class, but I'm not the one who makes these decisions. What actually makes more sense is that a lot of people are saying the Duke of York is here also. That is Prince Andrew and perhaps he's the one who's actually supposed to be talking to the class. The question still remains, Why?

Being royal must really be a pain sometimes, or most of the time. Every action you do is watched and you're hounded by the media all the time. Oh wait, that's the same as life here. I have a new found apprection of how much it royaly sucks, and I don't have it hardly as bad as he does. Okay, my life and his life don't really compare, but I'm just trying to say that I'm getting sick of being watched every moment and feeling like I live in a fish bowl and I only experiance a tiny bit of what he must experiance every day.

New subject. I have an APFT this week and am really scared about it. People tell me that I'm in shape, but I don't know if I believe them. Augh! We'll see how this goes.

The other day I was in the C-store and I went to the second floor and saw General Brooks up there. He was talking to someone and saying "you don't want to where brown leather shoes with black pants because they don't go together." The person replied "It's like my mamma always used to say..." and then I walked out of earshot to look at the cd's. A few moments later I saw them pass by to go look at some clothes and saw that it was the Frist Captain with him. I never pictured the a cadet and a General shopping together, no matter what the cadet's rank. It was pretty funny and for the rest of the day I had a pretty good laugh over the Commedant telling Ricardo Turner what to buy.

This evening I went over to LTC Surdu's house and had dinner with him and his family along with two other cadets he sponsor's. After dinner we all played UNO and I ended up winning the first 3 games. It was a lot of fun. Since LTC Surdu is taking command and a new post at the end of this year LTC Phillips, my DAC, offered to sponsor me. It's pretty cool.

I hated saying goodbye to my parents yesterday afternoon. Last year I didn't want them to leave because I dreaded returning to the rigors of academy life, but this year I hate to see them leave because I truely miss them and love spending time with them. I'll see them again, along with my sisters and friends at Thanksgiving. Only 2 more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment