Thursday, August 28, 2003

Yay! I'm happy. I just finished my scrolling sign for EE360. It's a pretty easy thing to build. All you have to do is solder all of the things and that takes about 3 hours. The message I have it scrolling is "Go Army Crew!" When I was walking out of Thayer I ran into Abby and showed it to her. She didn't believe that I built it myself because it looks more complicated than it realy is. I wish the rest of the labs in that class would be this easy, but I really doubt it.

I think I'm going to try to limit my time on IM. Putting up an away message just doesn't work for me. I spend far too much time on it when I should be doing homework. LTC Schumaker told Leah and I that he had started a petition to ban AIM at the Academy. We weren't very happy about it, but I think on my own I need to start limiting the amount of time I spend on it, especially this year. Even if I'm not talking to anybody I still spend too much time reading other people's away messages and stuff. It's just a big distraction. I do like talking on IM and it can be helpfull when I need to ask a friend question, but as I said it's more a distraction than a usefull tool most of the time.

Everyone here needs more sleep. I've been having a cup of coffee in the morning in an effort to stay awake. 4.5-5 hours of sleep is about how much I'm getting, and I know that a lot of my friends are getting even less. This afternoon I laid down for a 30 min nap, my first nap in a week or so. I think that was the best nap I've ever had, because I got up after 22 minutes and felt like I'd just slept for hours. 12 minutes into my nap something woke me up and I thought I'd slept through the alarm and that it was 2 hours later. In the span of 22 min I had 2 semi-dreams, neither of which I can remember. Today is the first day that I don't have something to do every hour. Perhaps with no IM and some "free time" I'll actually be able to do my homework well.

No comments:

Post a Comment