Tuesday, August 19, 2003

So much work and so little time. I haven't even started my reading for composition yet. It'd be nice if college was like elemetary school where the teachers spend the first week easing you back into the school year and you don't do any real work. I could go for some crayons and a coloring book right now. Recess would also be really nice. Of course, perhaps that is what Tennis is for. That class was pretty cool today, although I did have to run over to the c-store after lunch to buy some non-marking tennis shoes. I bought the only ones they carried and they are actually basketball shoes. Ah well.

Today I tried to help Brandi out with her blog by inserting the counter code in the spot she wanted it. The only problem was that I was in a hurry to get to class and when I finished I ran out the door and completly forgot to tell her that she needed to publish the blog again for the changes to show up. I remembered 2 hours later when I was sitting in my CS class because I realized I hadn't done that to my page either. When I finally made it back to my room in the evening she IM'd me and told me that she'd spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the changes hadn't shown up, but had eventually figured it out. I felt bad for wasting her time, but was glad that she managed to figure it out. I wish I had more time to spend on that sort of stuff because working on her page made me once again realize that I actually do at least like html. I like it most when I'm doing it for someone else though. I guess I just like trying to help people.

I'm listening to Staind right now and their 14 Shades of Grey CD. I listened to it a ton this summer at Buckner and in New Mexico. Now I relate it to New Mexico. Some songs remind me of Albuquerque and Sandia, some remind me of when I was driving around the state just looking at the landscape, and some remind me of the interns I hung out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment