Friday, August 15, 2003

Drill again today. The A-day parade is tomorrow right after the brigade run. Everyone's wondering how many people will faint during the parade because of dehydration. It's so hot and pretty humid. Yesterday I saw a guy in the company right next to mine take a knee. Nobody fell over though, although I heard that the new cadet right behind me looked pretty close at one point. Thankfully the upperclassmen were at rest and so I turned around and told him to drink some water.

Today at the cow's supe briefing he put of the picture that had me in it from R-day. He must really like that picture becaused he used it last winter in a different briefing. I cringed, ducked down in my seat and tried to hide, but that was pretty hard with all of my friends around me laughing and pointing right at me. There's nothing like having a bad picture of yourself shown on a huge screen in front of 1000 of your friends and classmates.

Yesterday the power went out here from 4:10-9:20pm. I guess it was out over a lot of the east. When I called home they didnt' have power there either, and still didn't this morning. My parents are supposed to come up to West Point tomorrow so that they can see the affermation ceremony on Sunday, but that will only happen if power is back on there and in the states they have to travel through.

I bought Absolutely American at the bookstore right now and just started reading it even though I'm not even halfway finished with The Long Grey Line. I start reading a ton of books, but hardley ever finish any of them because I move onto a new, more exciting one. Right now I have 5 books on my bookshelf that I started reading but haven't finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment