Saturday, August 30, 2003

What is happiness? More and more I'm looking around and seeing what I don't want out of life, but am still lost as to what I do want. I'm scared that I'll make a wrong turn somewhere down the road and one day find myself living a life I don't like in a job that I don't like with no hope.

This summer I was able to work at Sandia National Labs for 3 weeks. It was an awesome opportunity and I had a great time experiancing what New Mexico had to offer, meeting new people, and basically living on my own for the first time, but I also came to realize that I really don't want a desk job. Every morning I would wake up and dread having to go into work because time would pass so slowly at my desk. 8 hours seemed like an eternity. Perhaps it was just because I didn't really understand what I was doing, but all I know is that the happiest moment of my day was when I was able to walk out to my car and leave.

I don't want to be doing the same thing repetely everyday, but I also want some structure to what I'm doing. I want to be challenged, but not to the point that I feel like it's hopeless. Perhaps I'll find that in the Army. I wonder what the real Army is like. I've gone to West Point for 2 years now, but I have no clue what life is like in the real army. West Point is not the real army.


No comments:

Post a Comment