Thursday, August 28, 2003

An email from my coach explaining to us why he missed practice this morning. He's a funny guy:)

Whichever of you gets this first could send it out. I need help setting up a distro. This computer is different from the one I had when I was in Thayer. That one was older, slower, and easier - just like its operator.
First of all, I have no excuse for missing this AM's practice. I am pleased and amazed that you got on the water.
My alarm is a clock radio. It is simple to use. (I can just hear Abby, Mindy, and Sarah saying that it would have to be - and Margo probably thinking it.)
Let me tell you how it works. It can be on, off, radio alarm, and buzzer alarm. Of course most of the day it is off. At night I usually turn it on looking for some right-wing talk show, and I might say, I am not usually disappointed. THEN, I turn it up loud and set it to radio alarm. BUT before GETTING to radio alarm the radio is turned off. This has been no problem for me because there is a little red light which indicates radio alarm is on. No red light, no alarm. Last night when I turned radio on I fell asleep and upon waking up, did not turn button far enough to alarm radio. I woke up at 0608 this morning. I was tired. I debated racing down to the BH to see the end of your practice which I figured would be on ergs, but a voice said to me:
"what if they went running? Then you would rush down there all for naught. Wouldn't it be better for an elderly (but still youthful in some ways) gentleman such as yourself to roll over and see what happened?" Well, what happened was that I slept until noon.
The only other failures I have had with this clock are two times when I wanted to get up at 5AM, but set it for 5PM. Both times some internal body clock woke me up, so I was OK. Seriously, I am the first person at the BH each AM. If I am not there by 0515 at the latest, it means that there has been a power failure, or that I have somehow managed to sleep through my alarm, so you should do what you did today, or better yet, get on the erg and do 3 2k pieces striving for your most
recent score plus 10 seconds on EACH PIECE. I would rest 6 minutes between pieces.
WE NEED EVEYONE AVAILABLE THIS PM
Best,
Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment