Monday, August 25, 2003

This morning a few people didn't show up or were late for practice and so we couldn't go out on the water. Coach Holland was pretty mad about that. Already he's having us row both in the morning and afternoon on Tuesday and Wednesday in order to make up for Labor Day. He told us he didn't want to punish everyone who had actually been on time and that we were to go do a 6k on the erg for practice. Those who were late or didn't show up would have to do a 12k later. I hope I never sleep through my alarm. The 6k wasn't that bad. My goal was to get a better time than last week, and I did. This time I got a 25:19.9. That's a 48 second improvment. My splits averaged to a 2:06 something, but I wasn't that good at keeping a constant pace. They would jump around from a 2:04 to a 2:08, but usually I was able to keep them at a 2:06. The last 500m I sprinted and averaged a 1:58 split. I think that's the best 6k I've ever done, but I don't know for sure because I don't have my scores from last year. At least now I've maxed the first part of the Cadet Fitness Challenge for Fitness Leader II.

I think that I may go down and give blood today since we're rowing in the afternoons on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday would be the only other day I could do it because I have 2 free hours in the afternoon, but rowing right after giving blood isn't a great idea. Today would just mean that I'd miss helping out with the novie tryouts. Coach Hanlon is announcing the novie team tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment