Monday, August 18, 2003

Classes have started, I'm in the army for at least the next 7 years, and my parents have gone home. It was nice spending time with them this weekend. They just celebrated their 25th wedding aniversery recently. They came up for the affermation ceremony that was last night. On Saturday they got to meet the Schumakers and then I went out to dinner with them. Sunday we went to church together and then out to lunch and shopping. I needed to buy some kahki's for the cadet casual uniform. Although I'd much rather be in gym-a, I'm not about to not get Cadet Casual and have to wear As For Class or White Over Grey all day when I go outside.

Crew starts today:) It's just a meeting though. Practice starts tomorrow morning and then I get to help out with tryout in the afternoon for the novies. It looks like I'll be kept pretty busy this semester with crew, school work, and activities stuff. I'm usually the most happy when I don't have a lot of time to just sit around and be a bum. This semester my goal is to improve the day room and bring it back into company social life.

This morning I had to get up at 3:55am to help administor a urnalysis to a different company. Fortunatly I was able to get back to bed by 5:30 and squeezed in another 30 min of sleep. Actually, it wasn't really sleep, just laying on my bed with my eyes closed trying to imagine what it'd be like if my room wasn't so hot and stuffy. The fan I bought yesterday has helped a little, but it's still pretty bad in here when the door is closed. Outside it's 59 degrees, in my room it was 90. Ah well, it's better than nothing.

Crap! Labor day is coming up and no definite plans have been set yet. My friends and I want to go white water rafting or rock climbing, but we've all been so busy this past week that nobody even thought about it. I suppose I should start working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment