Thursday, August 14, 2003

The new cadets have been here for 3 days now and their smell is starting to fade alittle, but it's still pretty bad during duties. I remember when I was a new cadet how sweaty and gross I was all the time. Thankfully that changes as you get used to life here and adjusted to the stress level, or in my case lack there of this year. While Alyson toils away at the computer working on excel spreadsheets for CCQ and CDO rosters, I sit around and do practically nothing. I asked to be a PSG, but instead I got Activites SGT. My big things of the week are collecting orders and money from the firsties for thier corsages for ring weekend, planning a small after affermation party for my class on Sunday night, and ordering company shirts and hats. Not quite the leadership role I had envisioned. This summer I found that I really liked being a squad leader. As to avoid being a complete bum now I try and do my share at duties. Last year I would only stop new cadets to tell them to drink water. This year I actually ask them knowledge. The hardest part for me is keeping a straight face and looking mean. I always want to smile. I'm getting better at it though. The events of this summer helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment