Sunday, August 24, 2003

Today did not turn out at all like I had planned. The boat house cleaning took 4 hours instead of 2 hours and so I was there until noon. When I got back up to my room I had an email from Leah saying that everyone was meeting down at the ferry at 1pm so that we could take the train into the city. When we went down there at 1pm Kristin was walking back up and said that the next one didn't leave until 2 so we all decided to go to Grant to get some food. When we went back down at 1:45 we were told that both ferrys were full and we'd have to wait for the next trip, but that would mean we would miss the 2:07 train and have to wait for the 3:07 one. Leah didn't want to stay out late because she'd already been out in the sun a lot in the morning and was still recovering from the effects of seriously almost dying this summer of heat stroke. We decided that it wasn't worth going into the city today and so we made our way back up the hill. I had a feeling that for some reason we really were not meant to go into the city today, and found out the reason later. I figured I could get some homework done and perhaps go work on my EE lab. Around 2:50 it suddenly hit me that the corsages for Ring Weekend were coming in today and I hadn't turned in the money or told anyone else to do it for me. Had I gone to the city I would've screwed over a few of the firsties in my company. Thankfully I didn't and I was able to pick up the corsages. I didn't end up doing any homework, but did take a nap for about 1.5 hours which was really nice. At 6 I went over to Kristin's room and Kristin, Annah, Leah, Anne, and I ordered food and watched the movie French Kiss. Celio came over 3/4 of the way through it and wasn't happy about having to watch a chick flick. The movie put me in a bad mood because I thought the guys in it were all creeps and some things just seemed way too familiar. On the way back to our rooms after it Anne and I went detoured through the mess hall and I picked up a leftover cheesecake from the banquet. James came over to my room and ate a piece and then I convinced Justin to come down and get one. Justin and I were both bored and so we decided to watch a movie in my room. It was The Count of Monte Cristo. I think it was a good movie. Spending time with Justin really brighten up my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment