Monday, May 19, 2003

This weekend was one of those weekends that leave me feeling like I need to sit back and have a moment to think and organize my thoughts. It was fun, but overload. Saturday I hung out with Josh and Joel in NJ. We went and saw the Matrix Reloaded. I personally like the first Matrix better, but this one was okay. It had some pretty cool fight scenes. Then today I went over to the Shumackers house for our small group party. MAJ Shumacker, Brian, Jess, and I played bocci ball. MAJ Shumacker won by alot. This evening I had a Buckner meeting and there was some pizza to eat. I think I got a little food poisening from it. Tee's start tomorrow so I started studying and stressing. I guess lack of sleep and stress are the major contributers for feeling like I need to sit back and zone out the world for a few minutes.

In my mind I see things in terms of colors, time lines, and shapes. The colors I can't really give definate color names, but I can tell if they are dark or light. For example, my first grade room was light, where as the other first grade room across the hall was dark. The days of the week are arranged in my mind in a row of rectangles with each haveing a different color or shade. When I was little and memorized violin pieces by ear I would listen to them and develop a mental picture of the piece. Then, when I played the piece I would walk through that mental picture. When I hear music nowadays I still kind of do that. The only think missing from my mental picture is that there isn't any room place in it for the name of the piece or who it's by. There never has been, and perhaps there never will be. It just doesn't belong.

Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment