Friday, May 30, 2003

At last I'm home. Actually, I've been home since Wednesday night. Yesterday I went to Dearborn High School to talk to the students there. They seemed pretty interested and asked a bunch of questions. I had a little trouble finding the school because I had directions to the administarative building and not to the high school. Today I'm headed over to my old high school to talk to the students there. I'm aslo planning on visiting a few of my old teachers and my coachs. My high school counseler never knew who I was until I told her that I wanted to go to West Point. From then on she always knew who I was. After that I think I may stop by and say hi to my Grandma. I haven't seen her since Christmas and have only talked to her on the phone once or twice this semester.

It's nice being home, but it is kinda boring. A lot of my friends from high school aren't around anymore and I don't know where most of the rest of them live. I'm not great at keeping in touch with people. I called Misha last night and we're going to go hang out and go to a movie or something next week. He has a huge test today and so he couldn't do anything last night. Liz and I are supposed to do something next tuesday, but then at dinner my mom told me that Isaac has an end of school recital that afternoon and I want to go to that.

I met Roger last night. He seems like a good guy, but doesn't look like the picture that Besty sent me. He didn't appear very tall in the picture, but then in person I think he's taller than my dad. I never really thought about it, but I guess I am the shortest in my family. I always assumed that I'd grow a little more and surpass one of my sisters or my mom, but it looks like that's not going to happen. I guess I'm stuck being referred to sometimes as "hey shorty" by Betsy and I can't even get back at her by calling her "bigfoot" because we wear almost the same size show now. Life is so unfair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment