Saturday, May 31, 2003

I could lamente about how much I miss my friends, but I won't. I'll just leave it at that I do miss them. Home has been okay so far, but nothing really exciting has happened. Yesterday I went to the Huron Softball banquet at the request of my old coach. It was nice to see all of my teammmates who are still there and say goodbye and goodluck to the graduating seniors. I can't believe it's already been two years since I graduated. I ended up sitting with the Nye family who also had Ashley's boyfriend along. Mr. Nye pointed out how much Ashley has changed from the extremely shy freshman she was freshman year to the outgoing person she is today. Amazing how things change.

More on the note of missing things, I miss my teddy bear. I had to leave him at school because he didn't fit in my bag to come home and I wasn't about to take him out to Camp Buckner. It's comfy curling up to sleep holding him in my arms and resting my head on top of his head. Of course during the course of the night he usually ends up either on the floor or smashed between the bed and the wall, but at least he's there to start off with.

Yesterday I went to the store and bought a notebook journal that I'm hoping to start writing in regularly. We'll see how that one goes. I also bought ingredients for banana bread and cranberry bread. I made some cranberry bread last night and it turned out pretty well, except that I chopped up a lot of the cranberry's too much and so they got lost in the mixture and don't add a lot to the taste. The ones that are still there are delicious though.

I get to see Matt today at his graduation party. I haven't seen him since Christmas and have only talked to him 2 or 3 times this semester. As I've said before, I'm not great at keeping in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment