Monday, May 26, 2003

Packing is going extremely slow. My roommates have been wonderfull and put up with my mess so far. I'm sure that they'll be glad after tonight when everything is packed up. At least Tara will be glad. Alyson will probably start on her stuff.

This morning I rushed from breakfast back up to my room so that I could get to book return, but as I was walking down the hall with all of my books I looked at a sign and noticed that today it didn't open until 12, so I decided to walk down to Carlson Wagonlit to try and get my plane tickets worked out for my AIAD. Since it's Memorial Day the bus either wasn't running, or was on a really wierd scheduale and didn't come at the right time. I met up with 4 other guys headed down there and so we all walked in the rain together. We got there about 5 minutes before it should've opened, and then waited for about 10 minutes after it should've opened. It wasn't open today. I decided to go check out a different building by myself, which wasn't open either so I started to walk back. I made it 3/4 of the way back and then an officer offered me a ride the rest of the way. Around 11:15 I headed down to book return because I saw some people already going there. I was about 10th in line when I got there and it didn't even open for 45 minutes. People started to flow in really fast around 11:30. I ended up getting $131.50 for my books. It would've been more if I hadn't thrown away all of the CD's that came with the books. Joel went around and got other peoples books that they had thrown away. He ended up getting over $400. Since they take the money for the books when we buy them out of our cadet account it's kinda like free money when they pay us cash when we return them. I like the system.

Why couldn't the rain today have held off untill tomorrow morning? Oh well, Brigade runs are fun....riiiiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment