Wednesday, May 21, 2003

My parents sure do a lot for me. My mom bought me a plane ticket to come home tomorrow after my last TEE because I'm doing CPRC, but a few weeks after the people in charge said that was fine, they changed their minds and decided that going to Mini-Buckner was much more important and that I couldn't leave until a week from today. My cadet chain-of-command tried to let me leave early, but there's not much you can do when a LTC tells you something. I called home and told my parents about it and my Mom was wonderful and got my ticket changed. I don't think that was a cheap thing to do. It cost over $200, plus the time and energy. My Mom is a great person. She's always sending me packages with food and quarters for laundry. When my roommates need to find the address for CGR they just go through my stuff looking for a box from home because they know that I'll have at least one around and that it'll have the address. My Dad is always there for me when I have a question about why my computer is acting up. Once last year and then again once this year I was working on a CS project late at night and got stuck. I called home and he stayed up and helped me. They've been up here numerous times to visit, and even came to one of my regatta's this spring. When we came off the water from practice that day and were soaked to the skin, my parents collected up some of our clothes and went and found a laundrymat in town to dry them. My friends love them a ton. It meant a lot to Steph that they were still there for her even after I left to come here. Annah gets real excited everytime I tell her that they're coming. Of course, that doesn't prevent her from teasing me and saying I have the perfect midwestern family. I love my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment