Thursday, May 01, 2003

I'm looking forward to the end of classes more and more. For some reason this week has left me extremely tired and exhausted. I've even decided to cut out my morning run for today and tomorrow in hopes getting a tiny bit more sleep and becoming more rested for NY States this weekend. Crew practice has left me drained of all energy and academics are slowly killing me. During practice I try and row as hard as I can and do my best, but I feel like it's not enough; that I'm not doing as well as everybody else and that I'm slowing down the boat.

Today in Prob &Stats class we got into a discussion about West Point vs. other colleges. My teacher put up and excell spreadsheet that showed the dean's guidance for grades here vs the dean at Harvard's guidance for grades. The point he was making was that if we went to Harvard, or any other school our GPA's would be raised by about a point. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but thinking that I'd have a 3.9 or so someplace else is nice. Too bad it's just not here.

On a more cheerful note, right now my hands are covered in glitter. For Easter my mom sent me some play-dough with glitter in it. I just picked some up and a lot of the glitter rubbed off on my hands. When I move my fingers back and forth really fast it looks cool.

The other day when I was in the library working on my AP paper I picked up the book Covered Wagon Women. It's a book of diaries and letters from women traveling west in the late 1850's. I've only had time to read a little of it so far, but it is pretty interesting and nice light reading. Although I'm not that great at history, I like reading about people's adventures and how they survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment