Friday, May 31, 2002

From the barrage of helicopters overhead about 30 minutes ago many people are guessing that President Bush is here already. I personally think that it's a little early for him to arrive here. He has more important things to do that sit around West Point for a day and a half until the graduation ceremony on Saturday. It's probably just some high-ranking staff members arriving. I've seen the Secret Service around this week in their suits and earpieces. They changed Benny's Lounge in Ike Hall into command central for the president. I guess no Cows are getting to use the Cow Club.

The Queen of Jordan was here on Tuesday and attended the new crew boathouse dedication. Of course it was my luck that I was lazy and failed to go to even though I was supposed to be there. My friend Annah was really excited because she got to meet her, talk to her in Arabic, and have a picture taken with her.

Getting up this morning at 4:35 AM was not fun at all. My alarm went off, I hit snooze, and then proceeded to half-dream that drill had been cancelled and that we would get to go back to sleep. No such luck. While I was calling minutes at 4:55 for breakfast all I could think of was that I'm so tired and it seems so early, yet this summer I'll be getting up at the latest only 5 minutes later, if they let us sleep even that late. It was a really depressing thought. I opened my wardrobe this afternoon and realized that this morning I'd been so tired I'd hung up the gym-a shirt that I sleep in. It doesn't belong in the wardrobe and I don't even remember putting it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment