Monday, May 06, 2002

I just had a near death experiance...in my mind. There was a math quiz last friday that my P said we could use our homework to help us out with it and luckily I had just done it the hour before. When I turned in the quiz I also turned in the homework just so that he would know that I hadn't cheated and been using something else. Today I got the quiz back had gotten a 93/100 on it which I was happy about. Then he came back with the homework that I had done and asked where the rest of it was. I was confused by that and said that was all that I had done. I'd only done 4 problems out of the assignment, but I thought he had said that we could use any of the stuff we had done, not that we could only use it if we had done all of it. He told me to see him after class. During class I was pretty nervous and tried to figure out what I had done wrong and how to correct it. I decided that a 10-15 point cut be fair on the quiz if I actually had missunderstood his directions. After class he came over and told me that he would have to write a note to my TAC because I had failed to meet the requirements. That got my heart racing. A note to my TAC over a small missunderstanding on a quiz? I'd face an Article-10 and hours from now untill the end of the school year. I asked him what the requirements were, just so that I could get it clear in my mind what I had actually done wrong before I faced the wrath of my TAC. Thankfully, my asking my P what the requirements were made him recheck the assignement and realize that he was thinking I had totally blown off a whole other assignment. The other assignement was for the people who had failed the FSE and had to do a ton of work or else eit be kicked out of here. I hadn't failed it and so I didn't have to do it. When my P realized his mistake he apologized and then said that he would still write a note to my TAC, but this one would be a good one about how I did my homework (very rare for people in that class). I just kinda stood there very very very relieved as the news sunk in that I wasn't in trouble and had actually done something good. I don't think my doing homework justifies a note to my TAC, but any good word put in on my behalf from a P is helpfull.

No comments:

Post a Comment