Wednesday, May 15, 2002

I went over to LT COL. Surdu's house for dinner tonight along with the other plebes that he and his wife sponsor. After dinner we discussed military life, our majors, and weapons systems. During the course of the discussion of weapons systems he mentioned that China was probably the next country the US would be at war with. The chinese are already starting to obtain nuclear submarines or something from the Russians. COL Surdu said that they will probably use these to attack US carriers. I asked him when he thought this might happen and he said in 10 or 12 years. As Molly then pointed out to me, that's the time when my classmates and I will be beginning to really take command in the army in a more prominent way. We have a very interesting future ahead of us. Who knows what'll happen.

I wonder if there are camera's in my room or in classrooms here. How much do they moniter, and who is the "they"? West Point trains and educates the future leaders of the Army and many of the leaders in the civilian world. I know they monitor our computers and stuff, but what else do they do? What don't I know about? How much do they know about me? I don't think I have anything to hide. That's one of the reasons I play it really safe all the time. Later on it won't be there to use against me if the need ever arises. I also hate getting in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment