Thursday, April 11, 2002

Well searching for some paper for my printer just now I came across some pictures from PPW. I can't belive that was 6 months ago already. This year really has gone by fast. It's amazing how things change. I think I've learned and grown a lot in the past year. I still have a long ways to go, but I've changed a lot. I don't know if other people can tell, but I can sometimes notice it in myself.

Silly me, the paper wasn't in my desk, it was under it.

Sometimes I feel like I'll wake up and this will all have been a dream. If that were the case, and I was still back in high school, I don't know if I would want to come here, just because my experiences in the dream. I've survived because I live day to day and have learned not to focus on the future or the past, but instead focus on the present. If I knew exactly what I was getting into it'd be overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I love it here and never want to leave, but I also don't want to go through somethings again because once is enough for me.

Right after I got promoted I had to keep reminding myself that it was for real and nobody was about to suddenly take it away from me. Sure, I can mess up and be demoted, but that too would be different then it was before. Nobody can take away from me the experience that I've had here. I've made it this far, with the help of God, my family, and friends, and nobody can take that away. I made it to West Point, through Beast, and most of the academic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment