Thursday, April 04, 2002

Hmm...I can't find the right music for the mood I'm in right now. Usually I can look through my cd's and find something, but that's not working tonight. Oh well.

Today's been a pretty good day. The fact that there were 3 different inspections today hardley even phased me. There was open door AMI, haircut inspection, and then in-ranks -- which was a layout for me because I had crew practice. I love crew when it gets me out of things. Not that I don't love it the rest of the time, it's just an added bonus.

Anyway, swimming was a bit harder than the last time, but it was still a ton better than gymnastics. My new math teacher seems pretty cool and Will isn't in my class. YAY!!!!! The feeling of dread is gone from my stomach when I'm going to class. It's so nice. CS was another boring lecture about management stuff. The guy who sits next too me asked me to put him out of his misery. Ms. Burk is a brilliant person who's done a ton, but she's a pretty boring teacher. That seems to be pretty common.

Dunderdale, I can't call him Gary, that's too weird right now, came over after lunch to try and disassemble my M14. He couldn't get it so Buckingham had to do it for me. I did manage to put it back together myself:)

There was a fire drill around 2:15 so Jaz and I slowly got up, put things away in the room, got our books for english, and went outside. If it had been a real fire we wouldn't have made it. I guess there was flooding in the basement of Bradley Long. We went to the C-store and I found a pair of corframs that I'm going to go buy tomorrow hopefully:) The are so much more comfertable. It'll be nice.

I only missed 3 questions on the 20 question quiz on the intro to the Odyssey. I started reading it on the way back from Virginia beach, didn't finish in that 9 hours, and so read it last night in 5 min increments with a 1/2 hour of sleep between them. It's a really boring selection. I was suprised that I did so well on the quiz.

A high school crew team from NJ came to west point today to race us and then have a BBQ. I guess it's an annual thing because the second time i visited west point last year I went to crew practice and they had that team here and a BBQ. It's kinda weird how last year I swore to myself that I'd never join the crew team here. Amazing how things change. We found out the boating for the races this weekend. I'm in seat 2 in the A boat. I really hope that Coach Hall makes me the stroke the rest of the year. I love that seat while most people hate it.

After practice Leah, Jodi, and I went to Grant and got food for us, Tia and Anna and then went and ate with Anna in her room because she's on room restriction:( I had fun hanging out with them. I think it's really sucky that Anna and Tia got in trouble for frat while other people get away with it, and they are a lot worse about it. The rules should apply to everyone.

Jaz and I threw around my football in centeral area this evening after I got back. Ez wouldn't come down and play with us. I'm sure that everybody was laughing at us, but it was fun. Cimino threw down his real football for us to play with. It was a lot nicer, but I need more practice. I'm also hopefully going to practice rugby with Tia and Jess, and learn lacross from Leah. I love sports. My dream right now is to buy a boat when I'm older that I can use for water skiing, tubing, wake boarding, knee boarding, and fishing. I'm also going to own kyacks, moutain bikes, learn how to play golf, rock climb a lot, go to the batting cages a lot, go white water rafting, and be a very active person overall. Maybe if I do that I can avoid having to run. I dont' think I want to do any of those things competitively because that kinda ruins the run sometimes.

I talked to Erich last night and told him that I won't be at church sunday. It makes me really sad, and he seemed sad too. I was depressed when i realized that I have regatta's everyweekend so I won't get to see him very much. I did see him twice today, which is very unusual. He asked if he could call me Katie, and I almost said yes. I said that I preferred Kate though. It's weird how the people that call me katie end up being the ones that annoy me the most, so I tell people to call me Kate. I asked if I could call him Erich and he said no. He wants to go by Cadet. (it's a joke). I asked how his legs are doing and he said that they're much better:)

No comments:

Post a Comment