Friday, April 19, 2002

Last night was the Thayer Award banquet. This year the award was given to Senator Daniel K. Inouye from Hawaii. I thankfully got to miss the parade because of crew practice. They were in the middle of the Pass and Review when I got back from crew. That must have sucked in this heat. At the dinner GEN. Kauffman shook my hand and asked me how the Dean was treating me. I wanted to say that the Dean is screwing me over this week, but since he's a General and the Dean, I just kinda smiled. There was a 3 star general right next to him who smiled and said hi to me, but I didn't catch his name. Ez and I ended up being floated to tables of guests so that they could have some cadets to talk to. I was at a table with a few old grad's, another man who I guess is important in the city he lives in, and a COL. I totally screwed up table duties and such, but oh well, that's life. While Senator Inouye was giving his speach the camera paused on Yi, who was sitting right up front. She choose the wrong time to fall asleep, because right as the camera stopped on her she closed her eye's and was out. It was displayed over the screens throughout the mess hall, so the corps of cadets, old grad's, some generals, plus a number of congressmen, saw that she was asleep. Lets just say that life's not so great for her right now.

Erich came over after dinner to help me out with CS. He stayed for about and hour and we hung out and he helped me before he had to go do history. It was a great time. I wish he'd come over more.

Alex came over about 10 min after Erich left. Whenever he's over all the football players come over. It wasn't very conducive to doing homework, but we did get a lot accomplished. He stayed till right before Tattoo and after that we used the phone, IM, and ton's of emails to work together to try and get the stupid CS project done. Both of us were up untill 3. The presentation today went, well, it went. I'll be really happy if I get a C on this project. My grades are really slipping this week:(

No comments:

Post a Comment