Thursday, April 04, 2002

Spring break was awesome. By the end of the week I was sad when we didn't have 2 practices a day. On friday morning 4 dolphins came and swam with us as we rowed. It was so cool. They were so close that we could almost reach out and touch them and they stayed with us for a long time, just swiming and jumping along side and behind our boats.

The first half of the week we were all dead tired by 8 and in bed at 10 at the latest. The weather was perfect for rowing most of the week. I think that I improved a lot, which is great.

On Thursday afternoon we went to Busch Gardens and almost nobody was there. Tia, Beth, Anna and I were a group and Katie, Shannon, and Trisch joined us. We went on every ride 3 times in a row because there weren't any lines.

The sucky part is that cliques are starting to form. A lot of the team went out clubing a lot and I almost went on Saturday, but I wasnt' in the mood. Instead Beth, Meghan and I went to the store, bought some food, went down to the boardwalk and ocean and dipped our feet in the ocean, and then went back to the cabin and ate s'mores. Molly didn't go clubing that night either and so she and her boyfriend, Mike, hung out with us. It was a lot of fun.

During the week I saw We Were Soldiers and the Panic Room. I almost cried during We Were Soldiers.

A great thing about spring break was that I had time to relax and be alone and think. I did a lot of thinking about who I am, who my friends are, and life in general. I felt like I was weird because I didn't want to go clubing. Most people here love going clubing, drinking, having sex, and all that stuff. I don't really want to do any of that stuff right now. The best things seem to be the things that you have to wait for.

I thought a lot about guys. This is a list of qualities that I'm looking for in a guy:
-enjoys playing sports of some sort for fun
-is fine with the fact that i'm in the military
-is bigger than me
-chirstian
-askes me out, but who I can ask to do stuff too
-calls me, and who i can call
-someone who i can talk to about anything and who can talk to me about anything
-someone i can be myself with (whatever that is, i'm not quite sure)
-a guy who will hold my hand, put his arm around me, and all that other nice stuff
-doesn't drink, smoke, dip, and is a virgin
-doens't mind watching some chick flicks as long as I'll watch some movies he likes
-enjoys my weirdness
-is a bit weird himself
-gets along with my family
-isn't a player
-doesn't preach to me
-likes to play on playgrounds and go sledding
-likes the outdoors
-makes me feel special and i make him feel special
-likes to dance (not the booty kind of dancing)
and so on.
who knows if he exists. He doens't have to be all of those, maybe he'll be almost none of them. I dunno.

Time to do homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment