Sunday, April 21, 2002

Today we raced UConn here at West Point. I was really looking forward to this race because Erich, Jasmin, Ez, and Adam all said that they were coming. Unfortunatly it started raining around 2. Jasmin came down, but left when it started raining and so she didnt' get to see me race. The others never came down. My boat beat UConn by .87 seconds. I was really looking forward to seeing my friends after the race, and during the race all I could think about was how they were waiting at the finish line. When I finally went to go see them, I realized no one was there. I understand why they didn't come, it was raining, and I probably wouldn't have come if I were in there position, but I was still really sad. It reminded me of high school. I would invite my friends to my softball games, or to my crew regatta's that were at home. Mr Hart came to one of my softball games once and taped part of it and there was one time that Dan, Matt, and Mr. Hart came to a crew regatta. That was great. I loved seeing them there and it ment a ton to me, but after that, I can't think of another time that they came to see me do anything. I always tried to go to my friends plays and stuff when they told me about them, because I cared about what they did, but I don't remember them coming to see me when I invited them. Sometimes I would imagine that Jake, or Matt, or Beth or someone was there watching my games and I just hadn't seen them yet, because it helped me play better. I'd get all excited about the game because I had told someone about the game, other then my family, and they said they might comeand I'd keep looking up into the stands hopeing to see them, but they wouldn't be there and I'd realize that they weren't coming. I guess I should just be happy that my family came. There were some girls that didn't have that. I just wish my friends would have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment