Saturday, March 09, 2002

Long showers are nice. I just took a really nice long one. It was probably around 15 min. I just stood there and reflected on my life. When my sisters were my age they were still seniors in high school. I miss high school sometimes and tend to think of it as easier than what life is like now. It's not really fair to compare them; they are two very different things with their own set of hardships. Life now is probably easier.

Why do I always feel like I have to be more mature and grown-up? I was like that at a young age. When I was six I thought that I was too old for children's church. In three and a half years from now I'm going to be a Second LT. I'll be in charge of a plattoon of 30 or so soldiers. I'm going to be responsible for them! That's kinda scary for me to think about right now. I can't imagine how I'll be prepared for that.

If Matt were here he'd probably tell me to stop thinking so much.

Less than two weeks till promotion! I can't belive that it's almost here. Just yesterday I was graduating from high school and going out with my friends every night. Life has changed so much.

I wonder if anyone thinks "wow! it's ******. she's an awesome person," or if anyone looks up to me. If I met myself, would I think that? I guess if they did think that, it'd just go to show that they don't know me well enough. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just everyone has their flaws and sometimes what you imagine a person to be isn't who they really are. I'm just me. I want my little cousin's to be able to look up to me. I love them a ton. Yesterday I got to talk to them on the phone. I didn't know what to say. With kids I'm better actually playing and interacting in person with them than talking to them.

Even though I want to sit, think, and write more, I need to do some work.