Friday, March 15, 2002

Kelly's gone. I got back from chemistry just in time to see her rolling her suitcase down the hallway with her team leader. Before I left for class I went to her room to say goodbye but she wasn't there so I left a note. When I saw her walking away I wanted to yell down the hallway to her, but I couldn't, so I just started following. I guess she heard me because she turned around and came back to me. I gave her a hug and wished I could say something, but her team leader was right there and I was already taking a chance by falling out in the hallways with the hug. I think Kelly understood, and I don't think her team leader cared that I did.

Ez is moving into the other room this weekend. She starts sleeping there tonight because plebe girls aren't allowed to sleep in a room by themselves. It's a sad day, two friends leaving, but at least one is just down the hall. It won't be the same. It never is. Once you're out of the room you become the outsider. Maybe that won't happen this time, it'd be nice if it didn't. Sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment